PERMANENT POSITION -1495/1
Construction Buyer required for a long established construction company in Dorchester salary up to £40K.
Our client a well-respected Construction Company based in Dorchester is looking to recruit an additional Buyer to their team.
As a key member of the team, your role will be to manage and co-ordinate the purchase of plant and materials.
- Negotiating for the best possible terms for the provision of materials and plant.
- Sourcing of new products and new and improved suppliers.
- The constant maintenance and update of a register of material suppliers
- Obtaining quotations and placing of orders to achieve the best possible value for the site within the parameters of budget specifications and programme.
- To agree on levels of specification rebate where specified and ensure that the appropriate system for claiming is in place.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure correct invoicing and costings.
- To advise other departments of current prices and terms.
- To set and monitor standards of performance and to address any issues of sub-standard supplier performances ensuring that the appropriate lessons are learnt and actions are taken to prevent a re-occurrence
- Materials delivered on time and in accordance with specification.
- To liaise closely with other departments on all information pertaining to buying.
Based in Dorchester this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a professional and well respected Construction Company.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
- Accounts Department
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job