Do you need a change in your career? Are you interested in working in one of the top international law firms?
Our client, a leading global law firm, is looking to hire a Conflicts & Compliance Assistant in their Glasgow office!
In this role, the candidate will have the following responsibilities
- Perform conflict checks against the firm's client matter database and undertake false positive reduction analysis
- Handle administrative tasks linked to the client and matter opening process.
- Be familiar and keep up to date with the firm’s relevant processes, policies and procedures.
- Advise secretaries, fee earners and partners on best practice in relation to client matter opening procedures.
- Work with Accounts, Cashiers, Marketing and Business Development, Financial Systems and IT departments.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks and projects which may arise within the team to implement and develop risk led initiatives.
- Contribute positively to the progression of the team by supporting improvements to systems and procedures
Candidates for this role must have conflicts experience in a law firm. Please do not apply if you do not have this experience.
They must also be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Previous experience working in a commercial/law environment would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact positively at all levels within the firm and a good team player
- Able to demonstrate excellent client/customer facing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; can clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution
- Methodical approach to work; takes an efficient and organised approach to dealing with administration
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure – particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Able to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions and provide support to the General Counsel
- Able to analyse and recognise the need for improvement to systems and suggest options for improvement
- Can carry out all responsibilities in a way which supports the practice’s values and promotes its equal opportunities and diversity principles.
This opportunity is moving quickly, so apply today for immediate consideration!