Are you interested in working in one of the top law firms? Do you want to be involved in exceptional legal expertise, deep industry knowledge and refreshingly creative thinking?
A leading law firm is looking to hire a Conflicts Analyst in their Leeds office!
In this role, the candidate will have the following responsibilities
• Perform conflict checks against the firm's client matter database and undertake false positive reduction analysis
• Handle administrative tasks linked to the client and matter opening process.
• Be familiar and keep up to date with the firm’s relevant processes, policies and procedures.
• Advise secretaries, fee earners and partners on best practice in relation to client matter opening procedures.
• Work with Accounts, Cashiers, Marketing and Business Development, Financial Systems and IT departments.
• Carry out ad hoc tasks and projects which may arise within the team to implement and develop risk led initiatives.
• Contribute positively to the progression of the team by supporting improvements to systems and procedures
Candidates for this role must have conflicts experience in a law firm.
They must also be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Good communicator and team player.
• Attention to detail - someone who is able to spot inadequate or inaccurate information and approach internal clients for further documentation and clarification on matters.
• A confident yet diplomatic manner - someone adept at explaining the rationale for our client due diligence procedures, engagement letters and billing the beneficiary of our advice.
• Ability and enthusiasm to handle complex workflow by prioritising work effectively and identifying level of detail needed for each task.
• Excellent command of written/spoken English, and the ability to tailor style as appropriate whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times. Ability to communicate with non-native English speakers is essential.
• Willingness to learn and develop as the role itself develops. A self-starter who shows readiness to ask questions and verify information.
• Conscientious and methodical approach and the ability to analyse.
• Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately. Experience in completing longer tasks or projects is preferable.
• Excellent persuasion and reasoning skills, and the ability to recognise when to escalate an issue and to whom.
• Essential applications experience: Word and Outlook.
This is a great opportunity and will move very quickly, so apply now!