Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.Purpose of roleRole
To support the Senior Conflicts Manager and Lawyers. Conflicts of interest are viewed, analysed and cleared for volume and straight-forward transactional matters.
A Conflicts Administrator should aim to become proficient with the following core compliance processes:
- Conflict of Interest Checking Process
- Information Barrier and Document Security Processes
- Client Care and Dentons Engagement Terms
- Matter management, including matter opening and assessing compliance with Scottish and UK Law Society rules, Code and guidance
- Handles low complexity conflicts of interest matters
- Handles high volume conflict searches
- Handles low complexity protection of confidential information issues
- Reviews and adheres to Dentons’ internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact positively at all levels within the firm and a good team player
- Able to demonstrate excellent client/customer facing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; can clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution
- Methodical approach to work; takes an efficient and organised approach to dealing with administration
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure - particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Able to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions and provide support to the Conflicts Manager and Global Head of Conflicts.
- Able to analyse and recognise the need for improvement to systems and suggest options for improvement to the Head of Conflicts.
- Can carry out all responsibilities in a way which supports the practice’s values and promotes its equal opportunities and diversity principles.
- Able to be an ambassador for Dentons, being professional in outlook and attitude.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job