The Configuration Technician will be on a temporary contract, potentially permanent for the right candidate. The Configuration Technician will be reporting to the Technical Workshop Manager. This is an opportunity to join an existing team, delivering complex IT service solutions to hospitality and retail customers, and continuously expanding the client base.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Working in collaboration with the Hot-stage Scheduler to configure and test equipment to ensure software has been installed prior to being sent to the customer's premises
- Working in conjunction with the Warehouse team to assist with identification and verification of product
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as may reasonably be required
- Carry out site builds by connecting to the client's server
- Perform quality control checks
- Evaluate returns for functionality
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Proven experience in working on EPoS (Electronic Point on Sale) Computers
- Exposure to retail IT equipment would be advantageous
- Proven experience in a Hot-Stage/Configuration environment
- Proven experience in building PCs, physically adaptable and motivated to move IT equipment
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 10
- Basic electronics knowledge
- Understanding of basic networking principles
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to details
- IT literate, particularly Excel
Celestra offers 28 days holiday increasing to 33 after completion of 3 years (inclusive of bank holidays), and employee benefits including discounted gym membership, shopping vouchers, Employee Assistance programme, contributory pension, free fruit and hot beverages, flu vaccinations and bonus scheme.
Celestra is a successful and dynamic Company delivering IT services nationally to the best brand names in the hospitality and retail industries. With teams spread across the UK, we deliver an exceptional customer experience and speed of delivery which is second to none. We won the award for Best Private Business 2016 at the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards.
Celestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Computer Hardware
- Electronic Hardware
- Quality Control
- Test Equipment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"