Lantec is one of the UK’s leading IT services and logistics provider with expertise in EPOS, Card Terminal and client server installations. Our clients range from small independent retailers to large corporate clients such as; Waitrose, Tesco, Lloyds Bank, WorldPay and so forth. Established for over 18 years Lantec employs over 300 staff throughout the UK, with an annual turnover of £12 million.
We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re all about rewarding hard work through recognition and progression. As an employee of Lantec, you will find variety in your role, have the autonomy to think outside of the box and really apply yourself.
We are currently recruiting for a highly competent Configuration Technician to join our Configuration team. The ideal candidate will possess basic PC skills (an interest in IT would be useful). The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all stakeholders, for the right candidate full training will be provided.
Main Purpose of Role
To support the configuration team through configuring hand terminals and ATM equipment. To help ensure Lantec UK is the No 1 service provider of choice due to our logistical and technical field expertise.
To provide support with filtering of terminals and to also test terminals.
- To be responsible for configuring different software builds for specific customer projects;
- To test software builds before delivery;
- To load appropriate software on to cash machines/chip & pin pads according to customer requirements;
- To support the picking, packing and labelling activities required for despatch;
- To ensure products are appropriately branded to the customer;
- To support any ad-hoc projects that may arise;
- To liaise with the customer and action any queries;
- To adhere to safety and security procedures;
- To maintain a clean, organised work area following management guidelines;
- To use available resources to educate yourself on all job specific matters;
- To ensure a safe working environment for fellow Co-workers, Customers and Visitors in line with the HASAW Act and Lantec-UK Health and Safety Policy;
- To carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected/requested;
- To be available for training as and when required.
- Provide support filtering of terminals
Essential Skills & Experience
· Some warehouse experience is desirable
· Computer literate/competent in the use of Word, Excel/Outlook
All offers of employment are subject to pre employment screening. This includes a criminal record check, credit check, employment references.