Configuration Controller / Release Control Board Administrator
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
Salary: Up to £28,000 + 3% flex fund + 5% matched pension + 25 days annual leave
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse.
As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector.
The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The day job
As Configuration Controller/RCB Administrator you will get involved in all administration, data collection and research across all things Configuration and RCB. You'll be working as part of the Configuration Management Team, under the direction of the Lead Configuration Manager.
- Create Dimensions Baselines for Project Teams (Dimensions is the Account CMDB)
- Update status of Dimensions Requests and Baselines
- Create work areas in Dimensions for new projects/releases
- Archive work areas when projects have finished
- Provide guidance on Dimensions process and practice to project teams
- Administer Dimensions process
- Update and Maintenance of Rack Diagrams
- Maintenance of Technology Roadmap
Release Control Board
- Review all submissions to the Release Control Board (RCB)
- Ensure all necessary approvals for releases are in place
- Compile RCB Agenda and distribute
- Manage the RCB and record Decisions / actions / observations
- Compile RCB Decisions and any actions and distribute
- Administer the RCB Schedule with details of releases, and their current status (e.g. success, fail, withdrawn, etc.)
- Follow up with Release Owners when the status of any release is unknown
- Follow up any outstanding actions and clear releases to Green (advising Release Owner) when actions are complete
- Maintain RCB metrics as appropriate
- Strong Administration skills coupled with good communication skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of ITIL service management and relationships to other service management processes would be a huge advantage
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Working knowledge of MS Visio
- Understanding of how Release and Change Management interface with Configuration Management
- SC Clearance (or eligible for SC clearance)
- Knowledge of Serena Changeman Dimensions
- Understanding of development and testing lifecycles
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We’re big – really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you’ll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'