Configuration CMDB Manager - SC Cleared or Eligible to take Clearance
Barrow in Furness / Home based (3 days per week on Barrow Site)
Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience + benefits
About the role
Capita IT Services based in Barrow In Furness have a new role for a Configuration/CMDB Manager to join a small existing team. The successful candidate will redesign, build and operate a Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) function that supports the tactical and strategic management of a large evolving IT Operations function, currently undergoing a period of rapid growth. We are looking for somewho who has great ideas of how a configuration management function could best work. We are open to new ideas and looking for a better way of working.
What you will do:
- To lead on all elements of SACM, ensuring contractual obligations are delivered and KPIs achieved consistently.
- To design and deliver SACM strategy for the business in line with ITIL and ISO20000 principles.
- Accountable for the definition of business requirements, lead on the redesign, build and implementation of SACM service including associated tooling requirements (in line with overall business tools strategy and existing investment).
- Responsible for the monthly delivery of contractual SLA's relevant to SACM
- Lead the integration of the various SACM sources onto a single virtual platform.
- To consider and make recommendations for future of Toolset Asset Management specific requirements in overall strategy.
- To provide appropriate training to all direct reports to ensure a common approach and resilience.
- To manage and develop direct reports through regular 1-1s/appraisals
Your experience will include:
- Candidates MUST be eligible to take SC Clearance
- ITIL V3 Certified (ideally to expert level(
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing sustainable and scale-able SACM processes and procedures. Experience in selecting, applying and using SACM principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
- Display a high degree of knowledge relating to service management and ITSM / SACM toolsets.
- Experience of working at a senior Operations management level.
What we hope you will do next
If you would like an initial chat before applying please call me on
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=LA141FD&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=LA141FD&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Configuration Manager