Configuration & Asset Controller
Configuration and Asset Controller
Job Location: Dorchester, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Due to growth and expansion our client is currently looking to recruit for a Configuration and Asset Controller on a permanent basis to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a professional Engineering environment and to join a forward thinking organisation that is well renowned within their industry as market leaders of Science & Technology solutions to the MOD, Royal Navy & other corporate defence customers.
Key duties will include:
- Definition of Configuration and Data Management requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design
- Carrying out Engineering Change Management activities to include: reviewing documentation for completion and accuracy
- Participate in technical and design reviews to ensure that CM activities are covered in line with the Integrated Project Plan;
- Support in generating, publishing and maintaining: business configuration process and Configuration Management Plans as applicable
- Maintaining Design Signature Lists
- Supporting Configuration Control Board meetings modification meetings including taking and publishing minutes.
- Responsible for conducting Configuration audits
- Collaborate with the project design / build team in support of concurrent configuration baselines in line with the CM Plan and process
- Provide guidance to engineers on the Configuration Management Processes they need to follow
- Producing CM related metrics at both project and functional level for Head of Business Assurance
- Maintaining each product’s as built information within the Document Set.
- Adding all documents relating to the Component into the Document Set.
- Updating each products history of Component changes on each Asset
- Liaising with all stakeholders including but not limited to Quality, Production, Engineering and Product Definition Group.
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Training users in how to input and extract data
The successful applicant will possess:
- Degree Qualified in an Engineering discipline or HND/HNC with relevant experience
- Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management and Planning activities. Fully versed with the requirements of international CM and experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners, subcontractors and suppliers
- CM Practioner or working knowledge
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both company staff and the customer
- Demonstrated ability to organise own work and those of others
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software and hardware products
- Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially successful organisation.
- Desirable knowledge of obsolescence management
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
- Competitive starting salary
- Company Pension + Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent working environment within an established team in modern working offices
- Onsite Parking
- Onsite Gym
Location: Dorchester, this role is on the outskirts so travel times from the following are:
- From Poole, 30 minutes
- From Ferndown, 40 minutes
- From Blandford, 30 minutes
- From Sherborne, 45 minutes
- From Yeovil, 45 minutes
- From Wimborne, 35 minutes
- From Wareham, 14 minutes
For more information, please apply with a full CV and covering letter.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'