Conferencing and Hospitality Assistant x 2
Location: Essex Record Office, Chelmsford
Salary: £15,200 - £17,500 FTE per annum (£9,243 - £10,642 pro rata)
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
Hours: Part time, 22.2 hours per week
Work Pattern: The Successful applicant will be expected to work their hours flexibly according to business need, usually between the hours of 8:00am and 6pm Monday to Friday, with occasional requirement to provide cover to 9pm on certain weekdays, plus where necessary on Saturday and exceptionally Sunday.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in the smooth running of the Essex Record Office Conference Centre and to support the Conferencing and Venue Manager in all matters relating to the efficient and smooth running of the venue.
To consistently exhibit a high standard of customer service in person, by telephone or email and to consistently deliver a high standard of customer service before, during and after each event.
Role specific accountabilities:
* To engage with customers to define their requirements and using your specialist skills, knowledge of the conference e facilities and customer service experience to ensure that the venue delivers high quality services and value for money at all times whilst meeting or exceeding the customers' needs.
* To ensure that all booking requirements are completed prior to the customers/guests arrival, including room set up (including movement of furniture), technical and catering requirements.
* To liaise with business partners as appropriate to arrange relevant add-on services.
* To meet and greet all guests in a professional, courteous and friendly manner and to be available during the course of the event to assist with and/or to resolve any issues.
* To administer all IT systems as appropriate to your role, including the event booking system ensuring that all information and data is entered accurately to ensure the smooth running of the venue as well as individual bookings.
* To return the rooms to the agreed appropriate layout and cleanliness after an event.
* To assist the Conferencing and Venue Manager in all matters concerning the venue and to support other ERO colleagues and business partners to ensure that all ERO offers and services are maintained and delivered in a professional manner.
* To be prepared to be flexible and carry out any other reasonable management instructions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable basic competence in Microsoft package.
- Qualification in hospitality, catering and conference venue work or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment and evidence of strong customer service skills.
- Confident in working with customers and to be clear and articulate in responding to questions and issues in a busy commercial setting.
- The capability to be able to move furniture and equipment as part of the daily routine.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days (depending upon grade and length of service)
Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Part time