Conference Sales Manager
- Previous hotel and / or conference and events management experience
- Proven sales experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer service skills and confident in dealing with a wide range of clients
Within the Role
- Working to set KPI’s
- Proactive sales skills to actively convert conference & events business
- Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the conference team
- Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments
- Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role
- Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved
- Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail
- Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process
- Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration
- Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement
- Take the lead in promotional activities
- Maximise all conference and banqueting revenue opportunities
- Forecasting the department’s activity and implementing proactive measures to ensure all sales targets are met.
- Skilled use of Conference booking and reporting tools.
- Constantly seek ways of refreshing and improving the product as well as our guests experience within the hotel and the department.
- Actively seek opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the department.
- Understand the competitive marketplace and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Build strong relationships with guests to fully understand and cater to their needs
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
- Comfortable working under own initiative & to have a positive & proactive approach to work
- Self-motivator with great time management skills
- Excellent phone manner, confident with Cold Calling and confident with face – face meetings
- Well turned out at all times
- Keen attention for detail
- Maintain and development relationships with clients
- Confident in working to deadlines
- Must be fully computer literate