Salary: Paying up to £40k + 15% of annualised salary (6k)
This exciting role will be part of our global client's largest and most prestigious series of conferences globally to produce 3 annual large scale events.
Our client is looking a commerically driven Conference producer or Senior Conference Producer who has excellent market research and confident in taking the lead in determining strategy and shaping the future direction of large-scale industry leading events. This involves researching content, building relationships with key industry names, designing a compelling agenda and guiding content strategy to create a buzz about the conference. In essence, the Conference Producer/Senior Conference Producer is a motivated, resourceful and responsible individual who relishes the challenge and autonomy of creating a world-class programme from concept to delivery, who is proactive, highly organised, outgoing, professional with excellent communication skills. Attractive financial rewards, intellectual stimulation and job satisfaction are all central to the role.
- The desire to think creatively, to innovate and to shape a product around customer needs
- Proven research skills using a number of information sources including the ability to make cold calls
- Commercial awareness -the ability to understand market dynamics and monetize the programme
- Time management with an ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to network with senior industry figures
- Enthusiasm and a collaborative mind set
- 1.5+ years previous experience in the conference industry or financial services
- The role will focus on financial events so experience or knowledge of the financial services sector would be helpful but is not required.
- Successful applicants are likely to possess a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) and come from an academic background.
- Analyse the industry and past conferences to determine market opportunities
- Work with the Brand, Product and Delivery team to set the event’s strategy for the year
- Research in detail the conference programme by contacting a complete cross section of the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what customer requirements
- Creating and running an advisory board when appropriate
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of competitors’ events through websites, brochures and speaking to competitive speakers
- Analysis of multi-source research to write a compelling programme agenda
- Identifying and contacting potential speakers and finding the hook to encourage them to join the speaker faculty
- Negotiating Speaker fees and expenses and staying within guidelines set down on the event target sheet
- Designing a compelling content-based marketing campaign to promote the conference
- Writing industry-focussed promotional copy for websites and marketing pieces
- Working with the digital media team to design and implement promotional campaigns via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Working with the marketing department to ensure that they are targeting the right market. Sourcing appropriate media partners, working with the chairman and speakers and sponsors of the conference to raise the profile of the event
- Working with Sponsorship and Exhibition to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Sourcing special guest speakers from outside the industry
- Working with operations to ensure budgets are accurate and the event runs smoothly on the day
- Running the conference on the day, including opening the conference
- At event research to identify future potential events and ways in which events can be improved.
- Production of post conference report.
- Financial Services
- Conference Production
- creating agendas
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job