Graduate entry level B2B Conference Producer opportunity
Based in Central London + Travel
Basic Salary up to £24K + up to £10K Profit Share
This is a great first step into a conference producer position.
You will be joining a corporate media & events business who specialise in the creation & delivery of high quality B2B conferences & events for the financial services, legal sectors and technology sectors.
This role is best suited to a graduate with at least 1 years experience gained in a commercial business environment such as recruitment, sales, market research etc or perhaps you have completed a Masters and are looking for your first position in events as a conference producer.
As a Conference Producer you will take responsibility for your own portfolio of Conferences. Working on approx. 10 niche & senior level events per annum. Your events can have between 10-30 speakers and between 60-200 attendees. The events in your portfolio are mostly London based with 1 or 2 overseas. Your role will include:
- Desk based research i.e. reading & talking with experts in the market
- Analysing the information you have researched and extracting the relevant details
- Communicating with senior business professionals; via email, over the phone and in meetings
- Meeting senior level business professionals to talk about the event, topics and speaking opportunities
- Creating & writing enticing agendas and marketing copy
- Finding, securing and managing the speakers for your events
- Working as part of a team to deliver the event
- Project management
- Attending the event on the day
- Become a specialist in the sector you are specialising in and really understanding the industry
- Opportunity to develop your event portfolio, launch new events and take responsibility for the overall success of your portfolio
To be considered for this conference producer role you must be:
- Commercially minded Graduate with at least a 2:1 degree or ideally a Masters qualification.
- You will have great business acumen and real understanding of commercial business gained through B2B work experience (minimum 1 year) such as; recruitment, sales, research etc…
- You will have excellent research skills and really enjoy reading & learning new information.
- Conference producer need to write creatively and commercially.
- You will be comfortable & confident engaging and building relationships with senior level business professionals.
- You need to be organised and successful managing your time to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- You should be comfortable leading internal meetings and updating your manager on your event progress.
- In this position you will benefit from ongoing training and development & have the opportunity to work in a global corporate media & events organisation.
Please contact Helen at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this conference producer job or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.uk
Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions: • Researchers • Conference producers • Event Marketing professionals • Sales professionals - delegate, sponsorship and Business Development • Event Managers • Editors
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.
- Market Research
- Building Relationships
- Conference Production