Compelo (part of the GlobalData group) are looking for an experienced Conference Producer to join our production team and manage a range of projects across the portfolio. We deliver high level events, with the portfolio including conferences, forums, awards, bespoke roundtables, and special projects all aligned with established industry publications and supported by in-depth research. Areas covered: financial services - private and retail banking, energy - power generation, design and construction, architecture, brand protection and luxury brands.
The candidate will report into the Head of Production and produce and manage a mix of projects throughout the year across a range of publications.
This role involves: in-depth market research, pre-event industry and competitor research, content development, speaker acquisition, commercial opportunity development, project management and onsite speaker management.
International Travel available with the role.
- Conduct market research and identify opportunities for new events and ways to grow existing events
- Conduct industry research and work with our editorial teams to create a draft agenda that sales can use to approach sponsors, and you can use to build on the content and approach high level industry speakers
- Working with commercial clients to develop an agenda that covers their KPIs and attracts their target companies
- On-going monitoring of competitor events (existing and launching) to see latest speakers and hottest topics being discussed
- Creation of commercially driven session slots and allocation of potential sponsors against sessions for sales to take to market
- Secure industry speakers for the agenda and confirm all speakers in line with event cycle timelines
- Manage onsite speakers, presentations and streamed sessions liaising any change in timings to the operations team
- Write briefing documents and supporting material for all events
- Graduate, ideally with a degree 2:1 and above or equivalent
- 1+ years production experience in commercial events, Full understanding of production cycles and creating programmes to a deadline
- Ability to assimilate complex information quickly, thrive under pressure, and work on several focus areas at the same time
- Entrepreneurial and ready to take responsibility early on
- Have excellent organisational, communication, research and interpersonal skills.
- Event Planning
- International Conferences
- Conference Production