Conference Portfolio Manager - Large Scale Telco & Tech Events
London based + Travel
Base salary up to £45K + Generous profit share + 25 days holiday
Great opportunity for an experienced conference producer with 4 -5 years experience gained in a B2B conference (& exhibitions) environment to join a high profile international events organisation as a Portfolio Manager. This industry leading B2B events business are renowned for creating innovative & market leading large scale conferences & exhibitions across key sectors, this position sits within the technology & telecom division.
- This management opportunity offers responsibility for the strategy & delivery of a portfolio of 3 complex large scale events.
- Manage a team of 2 experienced conference producers
- Work closely with the marketing & delegate team to ensure the event hits is goals
- Identify opportunities for existing events to development and improve whilst looking ahead at new topics which can be turned into world class events
- Working with the sponsorship team to develop spex & exhibition sales
- Working hard to ensure the best possible agendas are created
- Identifying and securing the exceptional speakers
- Working with your team & other departments to ensure events meet deadlines / budgets
- Continually develop contacts and your network externally
- Attend events so International travel is required
This opportunity will suit an experienced conference producer who is really passionate about the industry and ambitious to continue their career within it. You will have 4-5 years conference experience within a commercial B2B events environment, ideally large scale events experience and must be able to show you have developed your events year on year. Leadership experience is preferable as you will manage 2 producers from day one along with management of a high profile portfolio of events.
- You will have a strong academic background; degree /masters educated
- Be interested in the evolving world of technology & telecoms and able to confidently converse with senior level professionals within this area
- Desire and ability to work on professional large scale events with complex formats & high volume of attendees whilst maintaining the high levels of quality
- Will be professional with lots of commercial awareness
- Looking to take responsibility for a highly successful portfolio of events
- Fabulous communicator, both written and verbal, confident talking with senior professionals
- Self motivated, ambitious and passionate about creating exceptional events
- Great copy writing skills & attention to detail
- Experience and an interest in delivering online digital events
- Strong research & analysis skills
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
Please contact Helen at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this or other similar positions.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting for www.jbrecruitment.co.ukJackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions: • Researchers • Conference producers • Event Marketing professionals • Sales professionals - delegate, sponsorship and Business Development • Event Managers • Editors
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.
- Commercial Awareness
- Management Skills
- Project Management
- Conference Production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job