Are you a graduate with an events related degree? Want to play a key part in organising a conference that will be held at Olympia London? Read on…
This science related organisation has a membership of over 5,000 individuals, and is active on all 6 continents; they have a small, friendly team of 8 in their Croydon head office, and are looking for a graduate with an Events related degree to join them for a year- and there is definitely scope for the role to become permanent.
Working with the Events Manager, the main focus of the role relates to organising the organisations largest conference, which is held every two years. Start date will be as soon as possible.
The show takes place at Olympias National Hall over three days with satellite pre-conference events running in other London venues to add value.
You will be involved with a range of duties, including:
• Conference logistics
• Contacting potential venues for supplemental events, suppliers to tender, negotiate and secure bookings
• Assisting with communications and marketing, making use of website, email campaigns, social media, and printed materials
• Participating in lead-in events such as promotional days, launch events and training days, including providing displays and site set up and registration
• Compile feedback from event participants and analyse responses to pass on to sponsors exhibitors and organisers.
• Organise the delegate pre- event preparation
And lots more…
So, a real chance to put what you have learned, and your excellent organisational skills, into practice. Due to the nature of the role, some travel and evening work may be required.
Pay will be at London living wage of £10.20 per hour, and this would be increased should the role become permanent.
Based in central Croydon, near bus, train and Tramlink stops.
Sound good? Please apply asap-the closing dates on our advertising are for guidance only and we always encourage early applications where possible.