This is a newly created Conference Operations role in a business with 25+ years’ growth in the conference and events industry.
You’ll need to be an experienced Conference Operations Executive with impeccable organisational skills and great attention to detail.
As Conference Operations Executive, you’ll be given responsibility to manage several shows a year, overseeing everything from contractor selection and the exhibitor manual to on-site show build-up and break down.
You’ll work within an award-winning B2B publisher and event organiser on exhibitions and conferences all over the world, from France to China. This will involve a good amount of international travel.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the whole operational pre, onsite and post conference process of multiple events a year.
- The Conference Operations Executive will directly report to: Exhibition Operations Director and Exhibition Operations Deputy.
- The role is not limited to just B2B conferences, there is a small cross over into exhibition catering and exhibition workshops.
- All of the events take place overseas, typically in Europe and the trips are normally between 5-6 days in duration and take place between 5-10 times a year.
- Keeping a full and up to date budget for the events so that you can feed into master show budgets at regular intervals in the run up to the event.
- This job is purely operational and does not include marketing or sales.
- Up to a week of travelling per show is required.
- Impeccable organisational and administrative skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- At least 3+ years in the Conference world, Venue, Conference Centre
- Hungry, passionate, team player, motivated by wanting to make a difference
- Ensuring the technical aspects of all events run smoothly
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Leading Event Organiser, operating globally
- Global company with 140 staff, many of whom have been with the firm for 10 to 15 years and more.
- Excellent basic salary c.£35K plus benefits
- Opportunity for plenty of international travel - expenses will be covered when you are required to travel, including single occupancy hotel rooms, all meals and travel expenses
**Please do not apply unless you have the relevant experience.**
Due to the volume of applications we receive each day, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, if you do not receive a call from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
tfconnect are a specialist recruitment agency for organising companies, venues and contractors within exhibitions and conferences. With over 25 years’ experience as an event organiser, we know the industry!