Conference Logistics Coordinator
£29,000 to £32,000 per annum
This is a full time position with the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction. They are looking for a Conference Logistics Coordinator to join their existing team based in central Birmingham.
- Venue management - securing suitable venues, negotiate rates and manage venue requirements
- Conference logistics - conference administration, set up of conferences in event software, catering, preparation of conference documentation, attendance lists and badges
- Technical production - stage sets, technical equipment and technical support for conferences
- Speaker administration - organising speaker travel, coordinating speaker presentations and papers
- On-site management - coordinating the conference on-site, staffing the registration desk, managing the venue
- Budget management - setting budgets and delivering within agreed budget
- Sponsorship management - ensure that all sponsor's requirements are delivered at the event.
- Marketing - Preparing promotional content and marketing collateral and marketing of regional dinners
- Experience as a logistics / event coordinator within a commercial conference organisation
- Strong project management skills - delivery on time and within budget
- Customer focused, ability to build working relationships
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communicator
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving ability, creativity, drive and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience of procurement and supplier management
- Previous experience of marketing and sponsorship also desirable
- Willing and able to work flexible hours and travel within UK
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job