Afion Media Ltd
Conference & Events Manager - £25-38k (Basic) + Bonus + Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join a flourishing boutique Events Management Company and make a real difference to the events they deliver around the globe.
We organise a broad range of conferences and exhibitions for specialist scientific and technical markets across the UK, EU and overseas. We are highly regarded in our sector and develop excellent client relationships through a strong commercial focus, flawless delivery and first-class service. We offer an excellent working environment, including a strong team ethos, competitive salaries and fantastic career opportunities.
There is now an exciting opportunity to join our close-knit, dedicated and experienced team as we prepare to launch a new stream of conferences in high technology sectors. The events will have between 10-30 speakers and between 60-300 attendees and will based in London and overseas.
As an experienced Conference & Events Manageryou will have mastered all aspects of event management and have an excellent understanding of delivering client requirements and can deliver domestic and international events to a high standard. The role offers excellent prospects for development into a senior position within the business.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver a portfolio of new conferences in the chosen sector, launch new events and take responsibility for the overall success of your portfolio.
- Ensure the successful management of each event, from proposal through to delivery from both a client and internal perspective.
- Have full budget responsibility and be able to drive profit and loss.
- Manage complex events, ensuring all deadlines and budgets are adhered to, key performance indicators met and identify areas of improvement/action.
- Produce proposals for events, including detailed timelines, venues, suppliers, legal and health & safety requirements, staffing, and costings.
- Develop a sound working knowledge of your sector through undertaking desk-based research i.e. reading and talking over the phone or face-to-face with industry experts and senior business professionals, analysing the information obtained, extracting relevant details and creating new conference topics.
- Build and manage your own network which will enable you to find and secure speakers, exhibitor and sponsors for your events.
You need to be a bright, enthusiastic and confident events professional who is keen to play a full part in the operation and expansion of our business.
You need to have the following experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience (preferably 5+ years) as Event/Project Manager.
- You will need to show you can plan, execute, manage and troubleshoot all aspects of an event.
- You must be a strong team leader with the capacity to motivate and manage a team.
- Should be educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Have experience and success in developing 'must-attend' revenue generating events.
- Be familiar with the use of social media in the context of promoting, managing and operating conferences and events.
And have the following personal skills:
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, especially on the phone.
- Organise and manage your own work load, work well under pressure on concurrent projects, have an eye for detail and accuracy, and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- You must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and your MS Office skills should be of a high standard.
It would be advantageous for you to have one or more of the following:
- Your own transport and a clean driving licence.
- Enthusiasm for science and technology, especially the energy, water and biotechnology/medical sectors.
- Enthusiasm for international travel and exposure to multi-cultural environments.
Position: Conference and Events Manager
Location: Stow-on-the-Wold (GL54 1AF), in the heart of the stunningly beautiful Cotswolds.
Role type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week: Event management requires work out outside normal working hours and occasional weekend working. International travel will be required.
- Commercial Awareness
- Communication Skills
- Event Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job