CONFERENCE & EVENTS MANAGER
Cheshunt / Hertfordshire
Basic Salary 26/28K ~ On Experience
OTE ~ 31/ 33K
On behalf of our Client Arbour Resources are recruiting for an enthusiastic, highly motivated & enthusiastic Conference & Events Manager to join the senior management team at this modern 148 Bedroom Hotel close to Cheshunt that caters for both the Corporate & Leisure Markets
Part of a well established group and offering secure employment alongside excellent staff benefits this is a great opportunity for career development and to join a well established friendly and professional team
The group is well known for rewarding loyalty, success & dedication and truly recognise the importance of investing in their staff
The Hotel services the Leisure & Corporate sectors with its C&B Facilities able to cater to 250 (7 Main Rooms). All areas are kept to the highest standards in line with company quality requirements
This really is a great opportunity to be taken under the "Umbrella" of one of the UK’s finest Hotel groups who genuinely care for their staff and offer full support within all areas to let you reach your career targets and aspirations
As C&E Manager (Office Based) you will have overall accountability for the effective leadership of the department to deliver financial success, exceptional customer satisfaction, excellent staff engagement and business reputation.
You will have responsibility for revenue development, generation and maximisation alongside your team management (Event Co-ordinators)
Effective communication of all sales and business opportunities throughout the business
- Daily Management of the C&E Office within a Pro & Re Active approach
- Managing the Event Co-ordinators to deliver customer Excellence
- Budgets and Financial Performance
- Handle enquiries, checking availability and deciding whether it is the right piece of business at the right time and the right price
- Explore and encourage all up-selling opportunities throughout the sales process.
- Liaise with the Hotel Sales Manager / BDM about any new business opportunities identified or major clients booking at the property for the first time
- Arrange and conduct site inspections for potential customers, including breakfast, lunch and dinner appointments
- Be responsible for the development of new clients through sales calls, attending networking events and local business forums
- Identify weak and dip periods and work with the corporate sales and marketing team to create initiatives to target business for these periods.
- Report weekly/monthly sales enquiry levels and report on new clients, track data, projected sales forecast
- Departmental Performance Review meetings.
- Support the property revenue management strategy to increase occupancy and rate when appropriate.
- Initiate and deliver regional marketing campaigns.
- Propose full and accurate quotations, proposals, negotiated rates when required (in consultation with the General Manager and Director of Sales).
- Coach and develop the property sales team, ensuring the best levels of service and product offering are achieved for all customers
- Account management of all existing business at the property, holding regular client reviews and annual price setting.
- Build relationships and maintain regular contact with clients and agents, through follow-up calls, keep in touch activity and investigating new business opportunities.
- Attend regular sales and marketing meetings
- Visits to other venues may be required including possible overnight stays.
You will need to come from within a similar environment (Hotel / Conference Centre) with proven Senior "Sales Office" Management experience and a strong Re Active presence
If you feel that your skills match this vacancy, then we would love to hear from you.
More detail can be offered on successful application.
Important : ~ Sorry but due to the number of applications we receive we will only be able to contact you should your skill set and experience match our clients requirements for this position.
- Event Management
- Sales Management
- Hospitality Industry
- Meetings & Events
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job