Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Head of Global Conferences Operations
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
The Argus Media conferences division work closely with our price reporting team to put together state of the art, knowledge sharing B2B conferences focused on the commodities markets. These conferences are focused on the following speciality areas: crude oil, generation fuels, LPG, oil products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, and metals. With a global portfolio of 70 conferences and revenues more than $18mn, Argus have dedicated conference teams in London, Houston, Singapore, Moscow, Sao Paulo and Dubai.
The customer service executive is the first point of contact with potential conference delegates. As an Argus ambassador, this role provides professional, friendly and informative responses to facilitate registration and provide a high level of delegate experience while safeguarding the interests of the Argus business.
The position will primarily focus on North and South American conferences and will work on flexible hours from 11.00 - 19.00 but also support customer service team members during peak conference times in other parts of the world.
• Develop knowledge on conference portfolio to respond to delegate enquiries
• Manage incoming calls from conference participants to respond to delegate enquiries including:
• provide general information of the conference programme
• assist delegates with invitation letters for visas and provide travel and accommodation information
• answer questions on pricing and invoicing
• assist customers with questions on how to use audience networking / engagement technology
• Improve data quality by doing sense - checks on online registrations
• Update registration system with payment information
• Open sponsor accounts and act as a point of contact for sponsor payments
• Keep track of delegate and sponsor invoices, ensuring full payment before conference
• Chase delegate and sponsors for payment by email and phone calls
• Liaise with finance department on overdue payments / debt chasing
• Some travel to conferences to assist with onsite delegate registration on large scale events and manage the payment process
Skills and Experience
• Success selling in B2B environments, with several years’ experience in conference sponsorship Candidate will have previous experience in either the conference industry, customer service and/or credit control.
• Skills :
o an excellent communicator with confident, calm and professional phone manner
o customer orientated with ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters and senior executives. To have the ability to interpret customer intentions, despite what they are asking/saying.
o patient, empathetic, diplomatic and assertive
o confidence to make sound decisions
o ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
o attention to detail
o process driven and confident to set up / enforce process when needed
o financial literacy (comfortable with working with exchange rates, group discounting, vat adjustments etc.)
o IT literacy (competent in all Microsoft office software)
o experience in NetSuite and Events Force desirable but not essential requirements
o Spanish or Portuguese language desirable
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
• Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
• Group pension scheme
• Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
• 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
• Subsidised gym membership
• Season ticket travel loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
- Client Services
- Communication Skills
- Conference Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'