Conference and Events Supervisor
Location: Chipping Norton, OX7 5UE
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Due to the nature of the role candidates must be available for flexible shift patterns, working 5 days out of 7, including weekends.
About the company:
Set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside our client boasts two individual hotels including Crowne Plaza. The two hotels provide over 350 bedrooms, state-of-the-art meeting facilities for up to 450 delegates, a marquee for up to 800 delegates, plus 7 bars and up to 4 restaurants. Also located at the Resort is an 18 hole championship standard golf course and a Health Club with spa treatment rooms.
They are looking for an energetic and passionate Conference and Events Supervisor with the key role of delivering exceptional customer service and ensuring the smooth running of the conferences and events. You will be part of a small team and teamwork in this multi-national team is essential.
Duties of the Conference and Events Supervisor:
- To have a full understanding of the week’s events
- To have a proactive approach to customer needs and highlight any shortfalls in service to the manager
- Promptly welcome customers and organisers on arrival in the absence of the C&E Manager or the Assistant Manager. Go through welcome packs and requirements ensuring the client is comfortable and their needs are being met
- Supervise and assist in the set up and clearing of conference and banqueting rooms according to company standards
- To maximise selling opportunities by up-selling at every opportunity
- To provide and implement service of all food and drink to the required company standards
- Supervise and assist in maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the conference and banqueting areas at all times
- To assist in the training and development of others
- Manage/supervise banquets and conferences in the absence of the C&E Manager/Assistant
- To handle complaints promptly and professionally by demonstrating genuine customer care and concern, ensuring a senior member of the team is informed of any situation
- Meet deadlines set according to the function sheets.
Requirements of the Conference and Events Supervisor:
- Previous experience working in a hotel in a supervisory position is essential and having worked in a multi-outlet 4* hotel would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/waitresses to ensure exceptional guest service
- Has excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Has supervisory experience within a high quality catering
- Has excellent self-presentation skills
- Due to their secluded location and the shift work required for this role candidates must have their own transport.
Conference and Events Supervisor Benefits:
- 28 days holiday rising to 29 days after one year’s continuous service and 30 days after 2 years continuous service
- Free parking
- Childcare Vouchers
- IHG membership
- Free meal whilst on duty
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Conference and Events Supervisor role is right for you then please apply today!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will be asked for documentation!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"