Conference and Banqueting Manager
Job Title: Conference and Banqueting Manager
Responsible to: Centre Manager / Operations Manager
Directly Supervises: In the absence of the Centre Manager & Operations Manager, all operational staff with the exception of the Head Chef
Scope and purpose of job:
To ensure excellent customer care which at all times and provide support for all departments to ensure our guests receive total customer satisfaction. To oversee the day to day operations all while providing key guidelines and procedures to give the team the responsibility and skills to carry out the best customer service for our guests. To be responsible on the day for successful F&B service for the Restaurant and Bar, also banquets, weddings, celebrations and Christmas parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage your direct reports and their teams, ensuring they are engaged and have a focus on performance standards and customer care.
- To manage, organise, support, develop and motivate reporting staff within agreed resource and budget levels to ensure services are provided as pre function sheets and requests.
- To be fully engaged during peak service times across the center and ensure services are running in line with customer requirements.
- To provide hands on leadership to the operational team as well as being the responsible manager for the Centre in the absence of the Centre Manager and Deputy.
- Assist the F&B supervisor in maintaining accurate stock counts of all relevant items.
- Assist all departments as and when required.
- To be smart and well-groomed at all times
- To identify and recommend costed improvements in the services offered to enhance our guests’ stay.To create and capitalize on opportunities for sales leads.
- To ensure that the company’s standards of customer service and presentation are achieved or exceeded at all times.
- To maintain individual and team performance standards, using the full range of improvement interventions e.g. coaching, counseling, cross training, etc. where necessary and taking disciplinary action where appropriate (in liaison with HR).
- To attend and be well prepared for the weekly center operations meeting. Relaying all relevant information to the dedicated team supervisors i:e F&B, Conference Services, Reception
- To assist in the recruitment of staff as required and authorised in liaison with HR.
- In conjunction with HR, to monitor staff turnover in the team, with a view to reducing the level of turnover, particularly in new starters.
- To assist the Centre Manager and Deputy in using the Company’s Performance Development
- Programme (PDP), for training of all relevant reporting staff on the correct methods of working, customer service standards, systems and procedures and relevant current statutory regulations.
- To create and provide customer care training through the Always programme throughout the year in liaison with HR. Working with the gold wings team to enhance the company’s values and principles.
- To oversee the internal and BDRC customer feedback systems ensuring feedback is gathered, inputted and communicated to departmental managers at every opportunity.
- To check that orders and charges are being recorded in accordance with Company guidelines, and investigate variances to ascertain the causes and take any appropriate remedial action.
- To check security arrangements, lock up procedures and night audits are rigorously adhered to.
- To ensure the smooth handover from one shift to another.
- To handle customer complaints and in an efficient and professional manner.
- To liase with all departments during 10:30am and 3pm handover meetings of any changes to the days business.
- To assist the Deputy Centre Manager and F&B supervisors to train all food and beverage staff in the standards laid out in the training manuals.
- To complete opening procedure including issuing of bar and reception floats.
- Be available to handle emergency situations during the day and evening and take the appropriate action.
- Any other duties within his/her abilities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"