Conference Accomodation Assistant Account Manager
Our client is one of the premier venue finding agencies in the UK.
Continued growth means that we are now seeking an Assistant Account Manager, handling the sourcing and placement of accommodation, conference and event business.
Based in one of our main offices in Tring, the role involves taking accommodation and conference enquiries, contacting hotels and venues to assess availability, negotiating rates and terms with the venues, and creating proposals to send to the clients and producing confirmations. Team supervision is also required in conjunction with the Account Manager so you will probably have had some similar experience.
Working alongside Account Managers and Co-ordinators, within small teams dedicated to a select portfolio of key blue chip clients, you should be enthusiastic, organised and computer literate with good telephone skills. It is likely that you will have had at least 2 years’ experience within the travel, venue, agency or hotel industry, and will be confident dealing with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Sourcing conference/accommodation venues for clients, working within a supervised team of coordinators
- Tailoring client’s event requirements
- Liaison with clients once venue proposals have been sourced
- Rate negotiation with hotels/venues
- Confident telephone manner required
- Good Word/Excel/Email skills necessary
- Knowledge of hotel industry an advantage
- Capable of supervising Co-ordinators and deputising for the Account Manager during their absence.
- General Administration
- Hotel Booking