Concierge - Part Time
We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Night Concierge – Part Time – Temporary contract up to 9 months
Plymouth Domestic Abuse Services
£8.30 per hour (Rising to £8.74 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
16 hours per week – 2 nights, from 7pm to 3am
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs and families fleeing Domestic Abuse.
Our Service in Plymouth supports the needs of clients at the local Women’s refuge and within the city, who have been the victim of domestic abuse. As Concierge you will provide an effective reception and concierge service, acting as first point of contact for all customers, visitors and suppliers ensuring that the highest level of customer care and service are maintained at all times.
The role of Concierge will include:
- Preparing communal areas for clients, including kitchens and bathrooms, and ensuring that the security of service users is maintained
- Responding positively to customer requests and queries efficiently offering solutions or recommendations
- Completing concierge check lists, feeding back information and completing incident reports if required
- Developing and delivering effective administrative procedures
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of working within similar role is required
- Some experience of supervising staff would be advantageous
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge, with the ability to carry out minor repairs
- Friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to communicate and engage with our residents, visitors and colleagues
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
To view the Job Profile, please click here
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job