This successful, large school with 300 students joining in Year 7 each September, gives a total population of approximately 1600. The school is unique in having an on-site £3.5M Vocational Centre, extending the extensive range of academic courses they offer to include subjects as diverse as Catering, Football Coaching, Construction, Hair, Child Care, Beauty and Creative Digital Media.
There are four special elements of learning at the school that ensure all students make excellent progress:
• Expectations are very high; that staff have of students and they have of each other. As a result, behaviour is excellent allowing staff and students to focus on learning.
• All the students have use of an iPad for learning at school and at home. This supports the development of independent learning and provides a rich variety of approaches through the use of educational apps.
• Students learn about the wider world – Internationalism – while studying a modern language to GCSE. Many students study another two languages.
• All students will take part in Work Experience and gain a broad view of the world of work through individual guidance and a wide range of vocational learning courses.
The success of this work is shown by the ‘Outstanding’ judgement awarded by Ofsted.
- have QTS or the equivalent teaching qualification
- have experience in teaching Computing/Computer science at Key Stage 3-4
- have a proven track record in teaching Computing/computer Science at GCSE
- be able to plan, teach and assess your subject across a range of abilities
- be able to track pupil progress effectively and report to Faculty, Leadership and parents
Be available to start in January 2019.
- an effective member of a team
- able to contribute towards departmental schemes of work
- able to work to time constraints
- be willing to make a contribution to the wider life of the school
- committed to safeguarding and hold a current and updated DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'