Bioinformaticians with strong ML & Python / R programming for growing genomics / proteomics company in Ireland
Your new company
Is a growing company in Ireland that are looking to add 3 bioinformaticians / computational biologists to their team to focus on cutting edge R&D work.
The company focuses on large scale data analysis of biological (genomic, proteomic, multi-omic) data, using a range of advanced machine learning, statistical and algorithmic methods.
Your new role
There are multiple roles available, all of which will be focused around:
- Using, optimising and integrating machine learning and/or deep learning techniques;
- Developing bioinformatics tools, pipelines or software;
- Hands-on programming, eg in Python or R;
- Analysis and interpretation of large biological data sets;
- Building, implementing or applying statistical models.
Specifics of each role will depend on the exact skill set of the applicant, but could be in areas such as:
- Structural bioinformatics
- Modelling protein-protein or ligand-receptor interactions
- Gene expression / transcriptomics
- NGS data analysis
- Network analysis
What you'll need to succeed
As there are several roles available, so candidates with a range of experience will be considered for these positions.
As well as excellent communication, problem solving and team working skills, you should have:
- An MSc / PhD (or equivalent experience) within bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, computer science, mathematics or a similar discipline;
- Hands-on experience working with biological data sets, eg genomic / NGS, proteomic, transcriptomic, metabolomic data;
- Strong programming skills, especially OOP (Object Oriented Programming), with languages such as Python and/or R;
- A good understanding of statistics, eg Bayesian or multivariate methods;
- A track record of working with large or complex biological data sets, eg functional genomic, whole genome / Exome, or proteome data from human, animal or plant samples
- Experience in tool, pipeline, or software development;
- Algorithm development, design, optimisation or application knowledge;
- Project management experience; and
- A strong ability to multi-task.
Experience in artificial intelligence, including machine learning algorithms or deep learning methods, eg neural nets, Random Forest, logistical regression, clustering, HMM, SVM would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to join a growing and innovative company, and work with an exceptional team. You will be working on / leading a range of diverse projects, and have a great chance to progress and develop your career. There is also a generous salary package available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, as there are multiple statistical, data science and bioinformatics positions available.