Compound Management and Automation for Cell-based Screening Scientist
About the Company:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scientist 2 to join our screening department in the compound management and automation group to support the expansion of our state-of-the-art compound, CRISPR-Cas9 and RNAi screening platforms. This is varied role where you will be contributing to the management of reagent stocks (compound, CRISPR, shRNA and siRNA libraries), as well as the running of the screening automation to ensure timely completion of all daily screening runs for client and internal projects.
This is a lab-based role and candidates should be highly self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities.
Note that, where needed, this position will require flexible working to cover evening and 7-day operations.
- Collaborate, plan and perform experiments to develop and optimize Horizon’s automated cell-based assays and compound management capabilities
- Set-up of automation protocols on liquid handling equipment
- Use internal and external knowledge to design and implements new ways of working that have a direct impact on productivity
- Interpret data produced and suggests additional experiments and routes when needed.
- Document study results and recommendations in technical reports in a timely and organized manner.
- Present findings to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Following training, independently perform detailed tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Identify and solve problems
- Make and implement decisions on projects or workflows
- Ensure assigned actions are completed on time and in full by employing good scheduling and working to optimise the outputs of the automation and compound management workflows.
- Work effectively with both junior and senior team members for successful outcomes
- Where relevant, act as the primary contact for equipment maintenance including liaising with external providers and service engineers
- Management of Horizon’s Screening Services compound, CRISPR and siRNA libraries e.g. ordering, cataloging, curation, preparation and database and LIMS management
- Planning and preparation of compound source plates for use in client screening projects
- Operate, maintain and quality control (QC) testing of high throughput screening production equipment
- Contribute to QC of HTS screening data
- Degree in Biological or relevant discipline (or equivalent experience) including extensive experience working in a practical laboratory setting
- Operating and troubleshooting complex scientific equipment
- A careful and meticulous nature with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment to tight timelines and be able to manage a complex and busy workload.
- Strong computer, calculation and analytical skills
- Flexible, adaptable, independent, resilient and able to work in a matrix-managed environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of lab information management systems (LIMS) and liquid handling robotic equipment (although full training will be provided)
- Experience of maintaining an organised and accessible inventory of high value materials
- Experience with inventory management software
- Writing software scripts
- Experience of working in industry
If you think that you are suitable for this Compound Management and Automation for Cell-based Screening Scientist role, please apply now!
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers every day. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'