The GBN Group are currently seeking a Composer Project Coordinator to work for a high-quality music company based on the outskirts of Colchester.
Within this role you will be supporting the Composer Project Manager and assisting in the management of the composer projects from commissioning through to delivery. Making sure you have enough projects delivered and in production pipeline to maintain music release targets. Be an important point of contact for the composers.
- Organising and requesting contracts for main writers and cowriters
- Collating music for team listening sessions
- Collecting and tracking musician release forms
- Managing musician invoice admin
- Checking through music delivered
- Collating track versions, track information sheets, assignment forms, lyrics, translations and stems for each project
- Checking track titles and requesting new ones where necessary
- Chasing unreturned paperwork - assignment forms, main writer contracts & cowriter contracts
- Chasing for track delivery
- Daily phone and email queries from composers on all of the above!
- Liaising with Marketing on assets required to support the release of our music to customers and to DSP platforms (Spotify etc).
Responsibilities assigned under guidance from Composer Project Manager;
- Briefing and commissioning new composer projects in line with team commissioning objectives
- Presenting demos and work in progress to music team colleagues in listening sessions
- Collating feedback from internal listening sessions with the music team
- Presenting feedback to composers and being their point of contact throughout a project
- Agreeing production budgets with composers and seeking internal approval
- Coordinating on required recording sessions with the Senior Production Manager
- Managing any 3rd party invoicing associated with projects
- Managing delivery of completed projects
3-5 years’ experience in a music or related role preferably including working with artists and / or composers or musicians at a creative and technical level.
- Passion for music across a wide range of genres
- Understanding of and interest in the application of music to picture (Film, TV and Advertising)
- Base of knowledge in music theory and critical listening skills
- Comfortable in analysing music and discussing with colleagues and composers using technical and shared / specialist language
- Highly organised and happy working and problem solving in an environment where internal timelines are often affected by aspects of the creative process and working with 3rd party composers and musicians
- Collaborative attitude and will thrive in a team environment
- Confident presenting and discussing projects and associated successes and challenges in a group
- Competent user of Microsoft office applications
- Basic salary between £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
- 10% bonus
- Monday to Friday (9:00 - 17:30)
- Music Theory
- Composer Project Coordinator
- Composer Coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"