Compliance Technical Executive
Weybridge - Up to £40k
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Regulatory Risk and the Compliance Technical Specialist in the help and guidance that they give to Partners and staff to include the pre-approval of certain types of new business.
The post holder will be involved in many areas of Compliance and will therefore need to be able to handle multiple tasks. Their main areas of responsibility will be:
- To review new business files presented for pre-approval thoroughly, concisely and to record results accurately.
- To liaise proactively with partners and paraplanners on all matters concerning pre or post sale file reviews.
- To support and coach Partners and staff to help improve the quality of the advice provided to clients.
- To produce and provide regular progress updates and MI to the Compliance Technical Specialist or Head of Regulatory Risk
- To be an effective member of the wider compliance team and ensure that all objectives set within the Company’s regulatory compliance framework and within each individual project are delivered within the prescribed timescale.
- Undertake the review of pension cases requiring pre-sale approval with a view to clear and prompt feedback to Partners and paraplanners.
- Undertake the investigation and processing of complaints, where requested.
- Undertake reviews of past business cases as part of a formal past business review, if requested.
- Maintain accurate and consistent records, enhancing them as requested, of pre-sale approval cases, complaints and past business reviews.
- Assist with collating Management Information to include FCA reporting.
- Assist with risk audits for Partnership Offices, Home workers and PBU’s - if required.
- Action mail entering the Compliance Technical Inbox within set service standards.
- Assist with the updating and maintenance of internal processes and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining internal Compliance registers e.g. pre-sale approval registers.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects for the Compliance and Business Quality team as required.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with your grade, skills and experience.
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
- To continuously meet, the regulator’s Fit & Proper requirements.
- Minimum Level 4 qualified.
- Experience of working in a compliance department within a retail financial advisory business.
- Experience reviewing new business files and carrying out pre/post sale file reviews.
- Proven track record of communicating and building rapport efficiently and effectively with advisers and managers.
- Ability to balance commercial, regulatory and other priorities in order to achieve fair outcomes for consumers.
- Ability to deal with financial and other personal confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow processes and to offer advice on where processes could be improved
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commitment to pass basic financial industry exam within 3 months of employment (internal exam).
- Prior use of Intelligent Office (iO).
- R04 qualification (or committed to passing within the next 12 months of employment)
- Experience of dealing with complaints and PI claims and resolving retail client disputes.
- Proven track record of assessing information, probing, and investigating actual or potential anomalies.
- Proven track record of identifying key underlying issues and root causes through precise, careful and unbiased questioning.
- Proven track record of identifying risk and the appropriate risk mitigation actions.
- Knowledge of and some experience of FCA reporting and AML procedures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job