Compliance Review Manager
Weybridge - Up to £60k
- The delivery of an Advice Review function, assessing the adequacy of remedial action completed on file review.
- Provide formal oversight, manage and maintain the relationship between the firm and its chosen outsourcer of file reviews.
- Assess the adequacy of remedial actions completed by advisers following suitability file reviews
- Provide pro-active guidance and a robust response with regard to any identified trends arising from file reviews.
- Assist with collating information for internal MI
- Prepare a quarterly report for Head of Professional Development & Competence on the activity completed within the role and key risk areas
- Work to help ensure achievement of the Regulator’s Conduct culture initiative is met
- Maintain knowledge of my client’s compliance manual, T&C scheme, operational procedures and related internal bulletins.
- Maintain knowledge of the products recommended and services offered by the advisers being supported.
- Assist with the updating and maintenance of internal processes and procedures from time to time as required.
- Maintain data, records and files.
- Comply with all the FCA rules and principles requirements relevant to holding a compliance position within a directly regulated firm.
- Minimum Level 4 qualified.
- Previous experience working in a new business file review team of at least one diversified financial advisory company.
- Strong technical knowledge of products, across Pensions, Investments, Mortgages and Protection.
- Proven track record of assessing information, probing, and investigating actual or potential anomalies.
- Proven track record of communicating and building rapport efficiently and effectively with Advisers and Managers.
- Knowledge of FCA handbook and principles for business.
- Up to date with recent FCA and FOS precedents and standard industry practice
- Strong understanding of suitability and TCF.
- Ability to balance commercial, regulatory and other priorities in order to achieve fair outcomes for consumers.
- Experience of implementing and embedding improvements into practice.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Excellent decision making skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commitment to pass basic financial industry exam within 3 months of employment (internal exam).
- CEMAP, MAQ or equivalent
- AF3, G60 or equivalent
- Experience of operating in a senior/management role within a compliance team
- Knowledge of Intelligent Office
- Seeks ownership of the business and therefore has a desire for the responsibility for issues of the business.
- Experience of providing formal oversight of a material outsourcer
- Experience of training/presenting on file review trends
- Experience of creating and presenting Management Information on file reviews
- Financial Services
- Regulated Industry