About the Company
Thompson, Heath and Bond (THB) headquarters is in London and is one of the largest and most successful Lloyd’s broking operations in the specialty market. Through its global platform of owned offices, network partnerships and local expertise, the firm has clients, markets and spheres of interest on every continent.
With the backing of parent company AmWINS Group, Inc - the largest wholesale broker in the United States - THB has the commercial and intellectual resources required to meet the most exacting demands of its clients around the world. Most importantly, the THB brand still embodies the same values of integrity and entrepreneurialism on which it was founded.
THB’s Risk & Compliance department plays a key role in supporting THB’s broking divisions, providing expert advice and guidance on a range of topics relating to FCA regulation and financial crime, including international sanctions regimes. The team is also responsible for monitoring business conducted to provide assurance to the Board and senior management that good customer outcomes have been achieved
Reporting of information to committees and forums across the Group is in place to enable management to make appropriate decisions based on robust information.
The Reporting Manager is responsible for putting in place a consistent process for the management and content presented at committees and forums. The Reporting Manager will support and educate the wider business to ensure the quality of information presented to committees and forums is of a high standard and enables management.
Work with Chief Risk Officer in enhancing reporting across the Group. Activities will include but will not be limited to:
- Working with key stakeholders across the business to deliver high quality reporting to the Board, Risk Committee, Audit Committee and other key governance fora
- Coordination, creation and management of agendas, forward plans, papers and reporting processes
- Producing minutes and maintain actions for key Group committees and help ensure minutes and actions for other committees and consistent
- Driving the continuous improvement of papers and reports to ensure a consistent standard supporting strong decision-making by the Board and management
- Providing review and challenge to the Group’s governance structure to improve the efficiency of decision-making
- Driving efficiencies and improvements in reporting processes
- Setting a common, consistent standard for the business to ensure reporting is efficient
- Working closely with business areas to ensure reporting is effectively delivered for the Group
- Experience working in the insurance industry for at least 5 years
- Experience operating a reporting cycle within a financial services firm
- Track record of delivering improvements to reporting processes
- Working with and helping to manage senior stakeholders
- Influencing stakeholders and developing business relationship
- Strong awareness of what constitutes quality reporting
- Understanding of the expectations of regulators and stakeholders
- Understanding of the insurance and broker sector terminology
- Able to manage workload and competing priorities with efficient administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and challenge people to enhance and deliver work
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Able to show initiative and develop solutions to challenges
- Appreciates the need for consistency and high quality in working practices
- Attention to detail in producing documentation
- Can demonstrate good qualities of a team player
THB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Communication Skills
- Audit Committee
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job