Redmayne Bentley has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join their Leeds office as a Compliance Officer. Established in 1875 Redmayne Bentley is one of the UK’s largest independently owned investment management and stockbroking firms.
Working as a Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will ensure the firm fulfils the Financial Conduct Authority’s requirements and meets the rules of the Financial Services and Markets Act.
Duties will include:
- Monitoring business risks in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures, both desk and - potentially - field based. Complete tasks in accordance with the Compliance Plan as directed.
- Reviewing customer complaints where required, to complete MI, contribute to Root Cause Analysis, and to submit regulatory reports.
- Monitoring specific managed portfolio issues and assessment of suitability.
- Reviewing and monitoring work relating to daily queries, based primarily on Compliance inbox duties and KYC reviews, as well as monitor telephone-based services across the Firm.
- Reviewing financial promotions prior to publication and make recommendations as necessary to meet regulatory guidance.
- Monitoring Training & Competence (T&C) arrangements throughout Head Office and Branches.
- Carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department or Monitoring Manager and to support and deputise for colleagues in the department or firm.
- Managing own performance and continuing to undertake training to develop skills and knowledge.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the FCA Conduct of Business rules, APER and T&C framework and implications for the business.
All candidates should:
- Ideally have the ability to manage conflict to reach agreed solutions, have organisational awareness, be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and possess the ability to use your initiative to resolve issues and develop systems to improve efficiency.
- Have good time management and organisational skills with the ability to put forward a case to reach a mutually agreeable and workable solution to internal and external issues of policy implementation and interpretation.
- Possess knowledge of financial investments (e.g. equities, fixed income securities, funds), an understanding of Training and Competence requirements and an understanding of suitability requirements for investment management.
- Have a deep understanding of risk profiling/suitability requirements and experience of dealing with customer complaints to resolution.
- Ideally have experience of working in portfolio management and/or wealth management, dealing with advisers, handling complaints up to resolution and monitoring of activities across different types of financial instruments ideally in a portfolio and/or wealth management environment.
Candidates should ideally hold the CISI Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma or equivalent Level 4 CII & CFA FCA appropriate level 4 qualification or CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance.
Alternatively, you should already hold:
Level 3 CISI Certificate in Securities; CFA Investment Management Certificate; CII FPC 1-3; or Certificate in Financial Planning.
N.B. Depending on experience, the firm may be prepared to accept a candidate if they are working towards a recognised qualification.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; discretionary bonus; contributory pension; private medical care; cycle to work scheme.
Hours of work: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch (35hrs).
If you would like to apply for the role please upload your CV and a covering letter to the reed website.
- Compliance Monitoring
- Portfolio Management
- Training & Competence
- Understanding of Risk