Make It Cheaper has been helping to put a smile on the face of British businesses since 2007 - and that’s something we continue to strive for every day. So how do we do it? In a nutshell, our service takes the hassle out of shopping around for better deals on electricity, gas, insurance, telecoms and water.
Our incredible people, coupled with the great service we provide, have made us the biggest (and best!) energy broker for SME’s in the UK which is why we are trusted by Go Compare, MoneySupermarket and uSwitch to look after their business customers.
Keeping our staff happy is also very important to us so we work hard to create an environment where development and progression is encouraged. We also know how to have fun. Annual trips away, regular massages in the office, parties and awards are just some of the things that keep our people smiling. There really is something for everyone here!
The Compliance Officer (CO) is primarily responsible for overseeing and dealing with quality and compliance issues within an organisation. The CO will report to the Compliance Manager.
The key responsibilities of the CO will include but will not be limited to leading enterprise compliance efforts, following policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable local laws, regulations and third party guidelines, while ensuring that our customers are at the centre of everything we do.
The key purpose of this role is to monitor the sales teams and the operations teams, working closely with them in ensuring that all areas of sales, processes, documents and systems are checked throughout the entire customer journey. Providing feedback to staff members as to what constitutes good practice and competent standards and ensuring that all checks are performed and completed in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities will be as follows, but not limited to:
- Monitoring and assessing SME energy sales calls, insurance sales calls, customer service calls for both to ensure our customers are treated fairly and in line with the relevant regulations (OFGEM, OFCOM, FCA, and Data Protection regulations)
- Providing feedback, support and coaching to the sales agents on a one to one basis in order to make sure they improve and maintain their standards
- Frequent file monitoring to ensure agents are performing against Right First Time targets
- Regular compliance audits performed against sections of the company including HR, Marketing and other operational back office teams
- Documenting all discussions with agents including any recommendations, expectations and warnings
- Investigating agents who fall short of our standards and initiating disciplinary procedures if required
- Providing compliance advice to the business and recommendations on how to implement that advice
- Reviewing and providing commentary and advice on marketing material
Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in compliance or monitoring roles
- Previous experience in the insurance desirable
- Someone who can adapt to change and gain new skills rapidly
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify errors quickly
- A real team player who takes pride in developing excellent working relationships with staff and external contacts
- Passionate about getting it 'Right First Time’
- Always striving toward customer satisfaction
- A hardworking, tenacious individual with the ability to communicate well
- Proven planning, time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate ability to work well with computer systems, including the standard suite of MS software; Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.
- Driven, motivated and professional
- Good positive attitude
- Confident, able to work well within a close team environment as well as working independently
- Customer centric
- Articulate, resilient and tenacious
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable and conscientious
- Accountable for individual tasks and targets
- Solid work ethic
- Commercial Insurance