Brief Vacancy Description
Working across the company, you’ll be expected to drive the best possible standards of compliance with the current Data Protection Act, the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulations and other compliance legislation, ensuring any existing risks are identified and addressed as quickly and comprehensively as possible
You’ll need to develop strong internal working relationships in order to support compliance procedures and policies.
All of this you’ll do with a view to achieving outcomes which balance good business sense with compliance with the legislation. On top of this, you’ll be heavily involved in designing and delivering tailored training on all relevant legislation across the company.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Generating and promoting best practice to drive a culture of excellent compliance with the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulations and other relevant privacy legislation
- Review of all of the company’s data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, centralising processes and putting in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary
- Providing accurate and reliable advice on data protection queries, showing an appreciation of business imperatives whilst feeding learning into processes and policy
- Educating and providing targeted training from board level down to ensure increased visibility and awareness of data protection and compliance risks and issues across the organisation
- Work to implement corporate governance mechanisms to require accountability across all areas of the business where personal and company data is being processed.
Suitable applicants may have previous experience within a similar role, providing advice and support on compliance and risk issues. Full Training will be given.
Strong analytical skills are required, with an ability to capture and analyse organisation processes and workflows. You'll also have strong communication and planning skills, workload management and prioritisation skills.
We’ll expect you to stay up to date on key developments in the soon to be implemented General Data Protection Regulations and be able to interpret and apply them for the benefit of the company. In addition, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver performance improvement in a data protection or other compliance-related field in a corporate environment
- Be able to achieve results through persuading and influencing others at all levels
- Have the ability to produce high quality work independently and to tight deadlines.
You will be reporting to the Compliance Manager
- Risk Management
- Data protection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job