Our client is one of the fastest growing law firms in the region. As a consequence of their growth and the growing requirements for compliance, they are seeking someone with existing compliance knowledge within the legal sector to lead their development of the compliance function and compliance culture within their business.
This is a newly created role, so the successful individual will have some scope to create the finer workings of the position and grow within the business as the compliance function grows.
As the Compliance Officer you will, at the highest level:
- take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the practice's authorisation
- take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance with any statutory obligations.
- take all reasonable steps to record failures to comply.
- recognise material failures that must be reported to the SRA
- report material failures to the leadership team (including Compliance Officer Legal Practice, COLP) to comply with reporting requirements of the SRA as soon as reasonably practicable.
You will have:
- good knowledge of compliance practices for the legal sector
- good relationship skills
- good communication skills, both written and verbally
- an enthusiastic approach to the subject matter and a thirst for best practice principles to be applied to the business
You must have a flexible approach to travel as you may be required to attend client offices, conferences etc.
Take charge of your career and apply now!!!
You will be rewarded with a very generous basic salary, bonus potential and benefits package including a whole range of flexible benefits.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note that our client is an equal opportunities Employer and adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.
- Communication Skills
- Law Firm
- Relationship Management
- Legal Requirements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job