Savills Peterborough are hiring! If you are an exceptional Compliance Officer looking for your next step then please send your CV to us asap.
This role is permanent and full time and based in Peterborough at least three days per week.Compliance Officer - Peterborough
A new role developed to assist the division in monitoring and implementing robust procedures and processes to ensure that the division meets all of its compliance targets in relation to the management of rural land and property. These areas could include but are not limited to: GDPR, health & safety, government legislation, client accounting procedures etc.
The role requires an experienced compliance officer, preferably with some knowledge of the rural sector and the compliance issues that apply to it. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate gravitas and deal with a wide variety of colleagues at all levels.
As this is a new role the division is seeking a candidate who can evaluate the current position and advise on and help implement a plan for improvement and ongoing delivery.
The role is expected to be varied and will need to operate across the entire REP business providing a one-team approach to compliance. There will be national travel involved, with over 40 offices spread from the north of Scotland to the South West of England.Key Responsibilities:
- To lead on compliance for the REP division.
- To support the Heads of Discipline in managing down all areas of Divisional risk.
- To monitor compliance ensuring agreed levels are achieved.
- Highlight/report on key risks with a development plan and suggested improvements for business operations.
- Regularly review policy and procedure.
- Develop and maintain the Division’s risk register
- Support Heads of Discipline in the maintenance of the Discipline risk register
Business Operations - Financials
- Monitoring of general accounting practices (including client money)
- VAT and other statutory requirements
- Non-Resident Landlord Scheme
- Construction Industry Scheme
- (Duty of Care Agreement)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Non-compliant (signed off) client accounting procedures schedule
- Cash handling policies and adherence
Business Operations - Compliance
- Statutory property compliance
- Non-statutory property compliance - best practice
- Health & Safety - estate and farm management
- Use of Works Orders for CDM Reg compliant jobs
- Environmental compliance management
- Conflict of Interest for fee earners acting as Trustees
- (Teams and Management Discipline Hub) to review internal procedures for the Client Accounting function
Regulation - RICS
- RICS regulation adherence (audit checks)
- Preparation and managing RICS audits
- Preparation and managing internal client audits
- Making recommendations for staff training
- Assisting the training team in preparation and delivering training
- Identifying and delivering internal reporting to the Division to assist client management, processes and service improvement.
- Assist the REP ExCo where required
- (User acceptance testing on control reports (SSRS))
- Liaising with and working in support of key stakeholders/teams within the business
- Experience in the Property Management sector is desirable and applicants must:
- Demonstrate close attention to detail, be well organised and prepared to take the initiative
- Be a strong team player
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
- Show a willingness to learn through internal training as well as independently
- Numerate and technically competent
- Strong attention to detail and a practical, pragmatic common sense approach to management
- Ability to deal with challenging mandates and cope with a high work load
- Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office - intermediate to advanced
- Excellent management and delegation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Full, clean driving licence
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details via this advert.
Salary / package details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job