Compliance Officer- Lowell Solicitors
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in implementing and maintaining the Compliance Plan in accordance with Rule 8 of the SRA Authorisation Rules 2011
- Assisting with ensuring that the firm, its managers and employees comply with their obligations under:
- Any terms and conditions under which the firm is authorised by the SRA to provide legal services
- The current SRA Handbook.
- Any other statutory or regulatory obligations with which the firm, its managers, employees or interest holders must comply.
- Any other business requirement.
- Reviewing, investigating, advising on and reporting any incidents/potential compliance failures and related issues as soon as reasonably practical to the COLP.
- Maintain a central Incident Log in a form that allows the firm to:
- Monitor overall compliance with obligations
- Assess the effectiveness of the firm's systems
- Identify at an early stage compliance failures that are material either in their own right or because they form a pattern.
- Review the Incident Log regularly to follow through actions and providing support as necessary.
- Undertake compliance monitoring projects as required to assess compliance with and adherence to regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Produce high quality reports, with evidence, to support the findings and recommendations of each monitoring project and to follow-up to ensure that all findings and recommendations are appropriately communicated and actioned.
- Develop and enhance test strategies to continually improve the monitoring function and methodology.
- Ensure prompt escalation of critical and significant issues to the COLP.
- Assist the COLP and Compliance Manager in ensuring managers and employees are trained on:
- Any relevant compliance arrangements and policies/registers/procedures
- Their duty to internally report any compliance failures to the COLP/compliance team through the current incident reporting process and to assist with the investigation process.
- Any other relevant and related matters, such as policy/process alignment.
- Provide assistance as required in compiling a compliance report to the firm's Senior Management Team on a monthly basis and to such other management forums as needed.
What do you need to bring to our team?
- Previous experience of legal practice or equivalent
- Compliance and/or quality monitoring experience
- Good understanding of litigation processes, especially with regard to bulk practice
- Strong understanding of industry regulations, in particular, SRA Code of Conduct, Civil Procedure Rules, AML. DPA, TCF and FCA requirements and concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Consumer Credit regulation
- Strong knowledge of Consumer Debt Litigation
- Stakeholder engagement experience.
- Experience of complaints handling would be helpful.
- Legal/business qualification desirable but not essential; experience will be key
How we reward you
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Contributory pension
- 3% flexible benefits - including Cycle to Work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club, retail discounts and the option to buy up to one week's worth of holiday (subject to start date)
- Excellent coaching and training
- Free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Free on-site gym
Lowell Solicitors (LSL) is a law firm, approved and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, which operates independently from but is a member of the Lowell Group. Lowell Solicitors currently provide litigation services to an inter-group company. Lowell is already a leading player in the litigation arena and it is our aim to have the most integral, efficient, cost effective litigation capability in the industry, allowing us to maximise liquidation of existing accounts using legal action where appropriate.
Have we sparked your interest? Get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"