COMPLIANCE MONITORING OFFICER
An experienced mortgage professional is required to join an expanding team, to provide compliance services to a variety of differing business models.
Supporting the Countrywide Group in monitoring and advising a start up on-line Company, as well as more traditional Estate Agency based and Network advice models.You must be able to conduct audits, as well as providing advice and guidance, in a positive and constructive manner, to different styles of advisor functions.
- Provide compliance and supervision support to a new start up digital broker based in Hammersmith
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Programme in line with FS Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Conducting compliance monitoring visits/audits in line with the Compliance Monitoring Programme, preparing detailed reports on findings and making recommendations for remedial action.
- Impartially conduct and assist in the investigation process into acts or allegations of misconduct or fraud, reporting findings to Senior Management
- Provide advice and guidance on regulatory and legislative issues as required
- Work proactively with Sales Management to resolve field compliance operational issues and queries
- Maintaining a close working relationship with colleagues within the FS Compliance team, sharing best practice and emerging trends of a conduct or operational nature
- Monitor quality MI to assess and identify potential trends in relation to conduct or consumer risks
- Maintain accurate records of contact activity, highlighting possible emerging trends and issues of a compliance or poor consumer outcome nature
- As required, support projects as a Compliance Subject Matter Expert
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Full CEMAP or equivalent
- Experience and proven track record of working within mortgage based financial services and/or FCA compliance environment.
- Experience of audit or monitoring activity, including report writing and unbiased investigative skills
- Good knowledge of FCA regulatory compliance in a Mortgage/Insurance arena
- Familiarity and experience with referring to FCA handbook for seeking clarity of rules and interpretation into operational advice practices
- Commercially minded whilst understanding the acceptable standards to keep customers safe and an operation compliant
- Ability to prioritise own work load is essential
- Good written communication skills are essential
- Investigative skills and ability to identify root causes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate at all levels, with authority, confidence and credibility
- Ability to stand firm in delivering the right compliance messaging, escalating matters to management for decisive action if required.
- A keen interest in exploring and shaping technological advancements in a new robo-advice proposition, so therefore IT literate
- Confident communicator and ability to influence
Please note that this role will require travel, therefore a full driving licence is required.
- Very competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Entitlement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job