To carry out the planned Compliance assessments, focussing on the delivery of good outcomes and work with business to agree actions that address the causes of issues. Ensure that new, material control processes required as a result of business change initiatives also deliver their intended outcomes. Follow through to ensure that the business appropriately addresses any shortcomings.
Main duties & responsibilities
* Undertake reviews in accordance with the agreed Compliance Plan, assessing the effectiveness of key conduct risks and regulatory control processes to assess delivery of intended business and regulatory outcomes, including adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
* Summarise the outcome of assessments to the business Exec or Management, ensuring their understanding of the materiality of issues and agree actions which address the issues and provide sustainable good customer outcomes.
* Where necessary, follow through on reviews and audits to influence managers to enhance processes and controls to better ensure delivery of intended business and regulatory outcomes, including compliance with any specific regulatory rules. Subsequently follow up on identified issues to assess whether the business has taken appropriate corrective action
* Work with Compliance function to collaborate on changes to the framework, assimilating and embedding into the UK methodology and approach. Produce supporting documentation as required.
* Track the completion of action points, support and advise the business areas in the adequacy of the action proposed. To provide management information and reports on the progress of reviews and audits.
* Continue to build knowledge and understanding of these businesses and corresponding market sectors
* Input into the development and maintenance of a risk-based approach to planning review programmes.
* Ensure familiarity with risk management programmes, as they impact this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities
* Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements
Skills and Experience required
* Detailed working knowledge of the Regulatory requirements, particularly the FCA, Data Protection and Financial Crime/Anti Money Laundering rules and guidance. Have the ability to interpret rules, principles and guidance for the business.
* Good knowledge of COBs, ICOBS, COLL, SYSC
* Able to plan, manage and conduct audits and reviews with minimal supervision.
* Good report writing skills.
* Good oral communication that can adapt to the audience.
* Sound judgement in balancing regulatory requirements with business needs.
* Able to complete reviews and audits and present findings in a timely and focused way.
* Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other governance functions.
Excellent benefits on offer including:
Company Pension, Share Plan Scheme
Performance Related Bonus
Holidays (initial 23 days for this role increasing based on length of service up to a maximum of 27 days)
Private Medical Insurance, Sickness Benefit, Life Assurance
Season Ticket/Parking Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
For more details please contact Nick Tagg on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- FCA Handbook