About the Company
Thompson, Heath and Bond (THB) headquarters is in London and is one of the largest and most successful Lloyd’s broking operations in the specialty market. Through its global platform of owned offices, network partnerships and local expertise, the firm has clients, markets and spheres of interest on every continent.
With the backing of parent company AmWINS Group, Inc - the largest wholesale broker in the United States - THB has the commercial and intellectual resources required to meet the most exacting demands of its clients around the world. Most importantly, the THB brand still embodies the same values of integrity and entrepreneurialism on which it was founded.
THB’s Risk & Compliance department plays a key role in supporting THB’s broking divisions, providing expert advice and guidance on a range of topics relating to FCA regulation and financial crime, including international sanctions regimes. The team is also responsible for monitoring business conducted to provide assurance to the Board and senior management that good customer outcomes have been achieved
Monitoring activity is designed to provide comfort to the business that operational activity is being undertaken in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures and consistently meets legal and regulatory requirements.
The Monitoring team are responsible for undertaking compliance monitoring activities as required to fulfil the Compliance monitoring plan for the regulated Companies within the THB Group.
Work with Deputy Compliance Officer in delivering the Compliance Monitoring Plan. Monitoring includes but will not be limited to:
- Placement/Broking file reviews
- Claims Reviews
- Binding Authority reviews
- Thematic Compliance reviews
- Assist the Deputy Compliance Officer in the writing of reports relevant to reviews for circulation to Senior Management
- Work with Deputy Compliance Officer in the production and management of monitoring dash boards/management information for provision to the Boards and their Committees
- Support the Deputy Compliance Officer as directed on regulatory projects
- Provide ad-hoc compliance and regulatory advice to business divisions where required
- Review Client take-on including sanctions screening
- Undertake other responsibilities necessary for the proper performance of the role
- Insurance industry, auditing or regulatory/compliance experience 5 years+
- Good understanding of (re)insurance broking market in so far as Open Market placements, Lineslips and Binding Authorities are concerned
- Experience of conducting file reviews and/or audits within an insurer/broker;
- Any Class of Business insurance broking/underwriting experience would be seen to be an advantage as would any Claims Handling experience
- Sound knowledge of UK regulatory and insurance broking industry
- Awareness of Contract Certainty requirements and/or Market Reform Contract (slip) standards
- Able to manage workload and competing priorities with efficient administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Able to show initiative and develop solutions to challenges
- Appreciates the need for consistency and high quality in working practices
- Attention to detail in producing documentation
- Can demonstrate good qualities of a team player
THB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Communication Skills
- Compliance Monitoring
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job