- Undertake regular monitoring as per the Banks Compliance Monitoring Plan, with subsequent identification of issues and breaches and appropriate escalation.
Involvement within compliance projects as required (initially the General Data Protection Regulation), including relevant research, analysis, preparation of internal notices, provision of training and amendments to the policy and procedure framework.
- Involvement in the rollout of Compliance Induction training, annual mandatory training and any other adhoc training as required.
- Responsible for updating relevant internal logs, registers and records as appropriate.
- Assisting the team in tracking regulatory developments/emerging risks.
- Assist the department in responding to any advisory queries by being a partner to the business and fostering good relations.
- Any other responsibilities as may be required by the Compliance team.
- Minimum of 1 years experience of Compliance monitoring
- Robust understanding of the UK regulatory environment including the FCA, PRA and relevant European Directives.
- Detailed understanding of compliance regulatory requirements for a Bank (smaller or medium advantageous).
- Solid knowledge of the risks inherent in the Bank's products and markets and the necessary mitigating controls.
- Relevant qualifications.