Our client, a City based start-up Bank are looking to recruit a Compliance Monitoring Analyst to join their expanding Risk & Compliance department.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Determine scope and approach of monitoring, testing and surveillance reviews.
- Conduct fieldwork in line with the agreed test programme and adequately document tests and findings.
- Develop recommendations for corrective action.
- Write reports that present review results, articulate the rationale for findings, the risks posed and actions required to address those risks.
- Continue to educate the business on the role of the Compliance team.
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance in researching and understanding changes to the legal and regulatory financial services regime that are pertinent to the Bank.
- Review and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assisting in company secretarial duties with respect to committees and papers.
- Provide advisory with respect to compliance matters.
- Support the delivery of Compliance Training to the business, including senior management.
- Support ad hoc compliance and regulatory projects as necessary.
- Provide support to the MLRO with respect to managing SARs, fraud investigations, PEPs & sanctions screening, and CDD/AML monitoring reviews, within the second line function.
- Provide support to the DPO with respect to GDPR monitoring and reporting within the second line.
- Assist with reviews, reports, metrics, and enhancements with respect to TCF and Conduct Risk.
- Work closely with legal and documentation functions and other colleagues as required.
- Support coaching of other compliance staff.
To be considered for this opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- Degree level education.
- A minimum of 5 years' asset finance or retail banking experience.
- Monitoring or policy experience in COBS/BCOBS/SYSC/CONC/DISP.
- Thorough understating of arrears, defaults, recovery, forbearance, responsible lending, TCF, and complaints handling.
- Good understanding of conduct risks.
- Some understanding of financial crime risks.
- Good understanding of regulations and risks affecting the Bank.
- Working knowledge of financial regulation in relation to FCA handbooks.
- Ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Ability to balance regulatory and conduct risks with the needs of a commercial organisation, while maintaining a clear level of independence and challenge.
- Strong organisational and effective time management skills.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.