Altra Executives are currently working with a vibrant media company based in the heart of London. They are currently recruiting an ambitious Compliance Manager on a permanent basis.
Assist the Financial Controller in managing the compliance function. Based in the publishing Finance team, this role will be responsible for:
- General tax compliance
- Statutory accounts
- National Statistics returns
The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, who the ability to prioritise and manage a varied and full workload whilst working to strict deadlines. You must be a self-starter who maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers. You will also be a highly committed team player, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing companies within their industry.
- Be the main point of contact with the external company secretary and for all internal and external audit requests and reviews together with planning regular and ad-hoc audits.
- Co-ordinate, compile, submit and actively review corporation tax for all companies with assistance from group tax.
- Prepare/review various HMRC returns (VAT, Section 16, EC sales list) and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Standardise and co-ordinate the preparation of statutory accounts for group companies within tight group deadlines - approx. 45 entities Month end accounting including accruals, interest, corporation tax, foreign exchange management, management recharges etc in SAP and Magnitude Correct mapping and flow errors in Magnitude Maintenance and submissions of all external returns such as ONS Complete risk assessment, insurance questionnaires etc.
- Review and co-ordinate the company liquidation process.
- Qualified Accountant with 2-4 years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience of Statutory accounts, Month End processes and tax compliance.
- Understanding of VAT reporting requirements.
- Ability to manage work for a large number of legal entities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and SAP Experience in Magnitude reporting would be ideal.
- Corporation Tax
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job