Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to assist in ensuring SHE compliance and the auditing of same, within all UK Bodycote operations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
This role will include working with the other Compliance Manager/Auditor, to cover all UK operations with one auditing and the other following as compliance to each site accordingly.
- Ensure correct implementation of Health and Safety procedures.
- To assist site management with interpretation and implementation of said procedures.
- To assist in the education of site members, Health and Safety Representatives and Managers in the understanding of the procedures.
- To assist with site risk assessments in the construction and review.
- To assist in basic training provision such as manual handling, Health and Safety awareness, degreaser training, Fire Marshall training and attendee training.
- To assist with investigations of incidences, accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses and trends within the company.
- Carry out internal audits against Bodycote SHE audit procedures as appropriate, two times per year at all Bodycote's UK sites.
- Produce the annual internal audit plan and schedule.
- Work with the Group Head of SHE to develop and improve the internal audit process.
- Maintain internal audit records of sites, issuing and resolving Non Conformance and Corrective Action Reports as necessary to ensure the sites improve their ratings.
- Write procedures and develop systems to continually improve the SHE performance.
- Identify and work as directed on transferring best practices and techniques around the group.
- Issue a monthly report detailing your previous month's activities to the Senior Vice President with a copy to the Vice President HT.
- Submit your month's expenses at the end of each month for authorisation by the Senior Vice President.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Relevant thermal processing experience, Formal health and safety qualification, IOSH managing safety and NEBOSH, Level 4 competence defined as GDOC.024 iss8.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 04/03/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job