Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Compliance Manager to join their QSSHE team.
This position holds management responsibility and will provide direct support to the QSSHE Manager in the delivery of a wide range of QSSHE based services. This is a great, challenging, opportunity for an experienced self-starter, with a wide range of experience and a desire to make a difference within a dynamic organisation.
Based in Norwich this role will involve an element of travel to other sites and to the offshore operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the Line Manager for Team Leaders in QSSHE disciplines, providing direct leadership and mentoring.
- Liaise with other teams to ensure effective intra-QSSHE team delivery
- Provide a regulatory interface between our client and the various industry statutory regulatory bodies (Health and safety Executive, BEIS, Environment Agency etc.).
- Maintain regulatory visit schedules and liaise with operational elements.
- Act as focal point for all communications with the regulator and maintain a register of commitments and responses.
- Provide regular reports with regard to the ongoing status of regulatory concerns/ commitments.
- Provide technical support to the QSSHE and broader operational teams, principally in the areas of regulatory and best practice compliance.
- Develop and maintain current assurance processes to ensure the company maintain compliance with regulation and internal processes. Work with senior management to ensure output is reviewed and implemented as part of continuous improvement process.
- Take some responsibility for the supervision of Safety and Environmentally Critical tasks
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level, preferably in an engineering or allied discipline. Chartered or similar professional status from a Safety/Environmental body would also be an advantage. You will have extensive knowledge of HSE systems, practices and legislation, underpinned by previous experience in a position as an HSE Manager or similar, in the energy or chemical industry.
The desired candidate will ideally have experience embracing upstream (onshore and offshore) gas operations, with a sound understanding of the challenges involved in managing the complete range of QSSHE issues at Regional/Group level.
Some projects/ decommissioning experience would be an advantage and NEBOSH Certificate preferred.
As the role holder, you will have strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job