Our client is a fully authorised FCA P2P lending platform currently active in the SME loan sector. With a range of products to launch, they are now looking for a competent, hands on Compliance and Money Laundering Officer to take care of all things Compliance from a credit/ lending perspective.
The company comprises a fintech environment where new approaches to products are being explored and as such the right candidate will need to work in this fast paced, dynamic environment to deliver real solution for current and future product launches in addition to the team’s daily compliance needs.
As a Compliance Manager and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the company and reporting directly to the board, you will have overall responsibility for the Compliance and Anti - Money Laundering (AML) functions in the UK, including the day-to-day compliance advisory role to the business.
- Act as the main point of contact for the FCA and other UK based regulators for example, the ICO and HMRC
- Review and approve all proposed Financial Promotions for the business and ensure that the appropriate register is updated
- Approve new business initiatives, and drive the development of relevant compliance policies and procedures
- Develop/Maintain the firm's Compliance Manual as well as the company's suite of internal policies and procedures documents
- Conduct the necessary checks to ensure that all business activities are compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Organise and deliver (where appropriate) compliance and AML training (Orientation, Annual Refresher Training and Targeted Training)
- Take responsibility for the day to day compliance monitoring for the business
- Provide compliance oversight for all activities outsources to other entities
- Conduct or oversee the completion of Ad Hoc Compliance activities/tasks. For example, special projects, investigations etc.
- Monitor UK and EU regulatory developments affecting the firm's business, then working with other resources to ensure timely implementation
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews and oversee scheduled risk assessments to verify the integrity of compliance systems and controls to provide assurance/feedback to the business on their ability to meet regulatory/legislative obligations
- Maintain Complaints File and acknowledge client complaints within FCA guidelines
- Liaise with external Compliance Consultants on policy and regulatory matters and apprise senior management of any proposed process changes
- Approve CDD checks for new customers, review existing files for accuracy and completeness prior to sign-off
- Work across the company business lines engaging with a degree of pragmatic collaboration to find compliant solutions to business problems
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various stakeholders across the business
- Prepare bi-weekly, monthly and annually managed information for Board submission
- Oversee the preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual FCA report
- Manage all aspects of financial crime.
Key Essential Skills
- Educated to degree level
- Proven Compliance experience gained within financial services, preferably within P2P or Lending, Consumer Credit environment (minimum 3 years experience).
- Strong knowledge of FCA regulations and a desire to succeed in a generalist compliance/AML Role
- Familiarity with compliance monitoring systems including pre-and post-trade monitoring
- Knowledge of AML /KYC processes and requirements
- Ability to assess operational development and to work accurately to tight deadlines Adaptable & flexible, with an enthusiastic 'can-do’ attitude
- Project management experience, demonstrable expertise in implementing compliance monitoring programmes (CMP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of UK and EU regulatory legislation and compliance requirements
Does this sound like the next role for you? We want to hear from you!