Our Client is a leading Commodity Trading house with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
We are seeking an experienced candidate with current work based Know Your Customer (KYC) Analysis experience to be an additional member of the Compliance team.
As Compliance / KYC Analyst, your key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Conducts thorough enhanced due diligence on counterparties and business associates as per the adequate provisions requirements of the Bribery Act 2010 and applicable Anti - Money Laundering Standards
- Escalates all concerns and issues as appropriate.
- Influences and initiates improvements to current processes.
- Maintains and enhances effective interaction and communication with other units /business areas.
- Maintains accurate and complete KYC/AML due diligence records on new and existing counterparties and ensures that relevant databases are updated to reflect completion of review and relevant details.
- Prioritise work and balance his / her time in ensuring that all assignments are completed in a timely manner and meet expectations
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to degree level as a minimum requirement
- KYC analysis experience - minimum 3 years work based.
- Good technical understanding of the UK and international KYC / AML rules and regulations
- Experience of working within the oil industry is an advantage
- Must possess critical thinking and investigative mindset
- Must be analytical, methodical and exhibit attention to detail in all the tasks he/ she attempts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Hardworking, keen and enthusiastic.
- Experienced at working with a high level of trust and integrity.
- A common sense, team based approach to working.
- Must be capable of working with significant autonomy but be able to ask questions to cement understanding.
- Due Diligence
- Anti Money Laundering