This role is a temporary 12 month role for a data protection/compliance lawyer or executive on a fixed term contract.
Joining the Legal, Risk Management & Compliance department this role will be required to support the business through the transition of GDPR, write GDPR training courses, draft best practice guides, privacy and data collection policies. Additionally duties will include working with all departments to review data protection compliance.
- Drive change and behaviours to embed a compliance focused culture within the business.
- Ensure effective implementation of Data Compliance Systems requirements as per corporate policies and local/regional regulations continuously looking for ways to innovate process to further drive business results.
- Work with government authorities regarding data compliance issues.
- Continually monitor the activities of government regulatory authorities globally, to ensure business is able to align and comply with any anticipate changes affecting the company's market access into specific regional markets.
- Lead and direct the business through the GDPR transition.
- Prepare, present, and manage the departmental budget and staff
- Serves as liaison to executive management, and liaise with internal functional teams and clients.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Previous hands-on experience of advising on data protection projects is a key requirement, including experience of advising on GDPR, on international data transfers, drafting privacy notices, negotiating and drafting data processor agreements and advising on marketing issues.
- An awareness of and good understanding of upcoming regulatory changes in the data protection sphere is expected.
- The successful candidate will ideally have gained experience in a large IT/commercial practice, specialising in data protection and IT matters.
- Candidates must be technically excellent but equally important, commercially aware and enthusiastic about data privacy.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following sectors would be an advantage: retail services, & technology.
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
- Flexible and co-operative at all times
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job