At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role:
- Control and manage consistent compliance of all McLaren Automotive products to ELV (End of Life Vehicle) and RRR (Reuse, Recover, Recycle) directives.
- Support the compliance to COP requirements
- Support the QMS function as an Internal Auditor
- Liaise closely with the Engineering, Purchasing and Quality departments in planning and coordinating activities required to ensure consistent product compliance.
- Liaise with New Product Development and conduct regular assessments to ensure compliance to ELV / RRR in support of vehicle certification.
- Conduct regular ELV / RRR compliance assessments and coordinate follow-up activities to ensure all products remain compliant in series production.
- Run ELV / RRR reports and communicate to the business
- Ensure timely resolution of any inconsistencies/non-compliances highlighted in the ELV / RRR reports
- Administer the ELV / RRR system within SAP to ensure correct and consistent functionality
- Administer the ELV / RRR data in the system to ensure its correct functionality
- Work with IMDS system as and when necessary
- Liaise and support suppliers to ensure the relevant material data sheets (MDS’s) are submitted through the IMDS system
- Liaise with the authorities to facilitate and coordinate external compliance audits as and when required
- Manage the ELV / RRR budget and related costs
- Understand COP related requirements
- Support the vehicle preparation process for COP testing
- Liaise with test facilities to ensure COP tests are booked (as and when required)
- Support the internal auditing function (member of the internal auditing team)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in automotive industry is essential (product knowledge)
- Knowledge of ELV / RRR regulatory requirements applicable to passenger cars is beneficial
- Understanding of REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals) is beneficial
- Understanding of SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) is beneficial
- Understanding of GADSL (Global Automotive Declarable Substance List) is beneficial
- Knowledge of legislative requirements applicable to passenger cars including conformity of production procedures is beneficial
- Previous experience in Quality Management Systems and processes is beneficial
- Previous experience in product /process auditing is beneficial
- Project management skills are beneficial
- Keen/ambitious for personal development and learning
- Good team player and communicator
- Self-motivated to deliver excellence
- Have structured logical and analytical approach
- Delivery focussed - with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery
- Process driven for continuous improvement
- Able to communicate at all working levels and externally
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering project